Below you find the latest publications on PubMed that discuss the FinnDiane cohort. For a complete overview click here
- Bacterial infections as novel risk factors of severe diabetic retinopathy in individuals with type 1 diabetesCONCLUSION: Bacterial infections are associated with an increased risk of incident SDR in type 1 diabetes.
- The association between bacterial infections and the risk of coronary heart disease in type 1 diabetesCONCLUSION: Bacterial infections are associated with an increased risk of incident CHD in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- Perceived Stress and Adherence to the Dietary Recommendations and Blood Glucose Levels in Type 1 DiabetesStress may negatively impact self-management of diabetes and thereby deteriorate glycaemic control. Eating is the most frequently reported stress-release method. In this study, we investigated the association between perceived stress (PS), dietary adherence, and glycaemic control. Data from participants in the FinnDiane Study with type 1 diabetes who had completed a diet questionnaire and Cohen's […]
- Response to Comment on Mäkimattila et al. Every Fifth Individual With Type 1 Diabetes Suffers From an Additional Autoimmune Disease: A Finnish Nationwide Study. Diabetes Care 2020;43:1041-1047No abstract
- CONCLUSIONS: AIx predicts all-cause mortality as well as a composite cardiovascular and/or diabetes-related cause of death in individuals with type 1 diabetes, independent of established cardiovascular risk factors.