Below you find the latest publications on PubMed that discuss the FinnDiane cohort. For a complete overview click here
- CONCLUSION: Multiple genes on chr17q12 and PHF20L1 on chr8 were associated with T1D diagnosis age and only further studies may elucidate the role of these genes for immunity and T1D onset.
- CONCLUSIONS: Diagnosed depression and antidepressant purchases are associated with the progression of diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetes. Whether successful treatment of depression reduces the risk needs to be determined.
- A Targeted Multiomics Approach to Identify Biomarkers Associated with Rapid eGFR Decline in Type 1 DiabetesCONCLUSION: Known risk factors provide moderate discrimination of rapid eGFR decline. Identification of blood and urine biomarkers associated with rapid eGFR decline in T1D using targeted omics strategies may provide insight into disease mechanisms and improve upon clinical predictive models using traditional risk factors.
- Bacterial infections as novel risk factors of severe diabetic retinopathy in individuals with type 1 diabetesCONCLUSION: Bacterial infections are associated with an increased risk of incident SDR in type 1 diabetes.
- The association between bacterial infections and the risk of coronary heart disease in type 1 diabetesCONCLUSION: Bacterial infections are associated with an increased risk of incident CHD in individuals with type 1 diabetes.