Below you find the latest publications on PubMed that discuss the FinnDiane cohort. For a complete overview click here
- Carotid intima-media thickness and arterial stiffness in relation to cerebral small vessel disease in neurologically asymptomatic individuals with type 1 diabetesCONCLUSIONS: Structural, but not functional, arterial changes are associated with underlying CMBs in asymptomatic individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- Response to Comment on Tynjälä et al. Arterial Stiffness Predicts Mortality in Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2020;43:2266-2271No abstract
- CONCLUSION: A history of maternal stroke increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke in individuals with type 1 diabetes. Other parental risk factors seem to have limited impact on the risk of stroke.
- Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) and linkage studies have had limited success in identifying genome-wide significantly linked regions or risk loci for diabetic nephropathy (DN) in individuals with type 1 diabetes (T1D). As GWAS cohorts have grown, they have also included more documented and undocumented familial relationships. Here we computationally inferred and manually curated pedigrees in […]
- CONCLUSIONS: Diagnosed depression and antidepressant purchases are associated with the progression of diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetes. Whether successful treatment of depression reduces the risk needs to be determined.